We have been active in the student housing market since 1999 and have successfully built portfolios on our own behalf and on behalf of our partners during this time. Our aim in this sector is to generate high income returns through providing high quality property in premier university cities.
We provide a full service to our investors, from initial purchase through management and ultimately sale. The services we provide include the following:
- Sourcing product
- Due diligence and purchasing of properties with investors’ funds (properties can be held in personal or company name)
- Property management, HMO licensing and any refurbishment / planning or redevelopment
- Rent collection and chasing outstanding payments
- Reporting to investors on quarterly, six monthly or yearly basis
To this end we always take the long term view on all our assets as this in turn produces the best returns. Our platform enables our partners to gain access to this high yielding sector of the property market without the associated management issues.
We have over a decade of experience in the commercial property market and an extensive range of contacts in both the agency network and direct with principles. The opportunities we look at are driven by both our investors’ requirements and the opportunities we are able to uncover. These range from high yielding and asset management intensive deals, to much more secure long term plays which we believe are undervalued.
With the assistance of our professional partners we are able to tailor our purchases to a variety of structures besides those done in a company or personal name. These include:
- Deed of Trust, which enables several parties to stake shares in an acqusiton in a simple and cost effective and transparant way. It is also easy to place shares in this structure into a SIP
- LLP, which is a tax efficient vehicle that enables an individual investor or syndicate to acquire property with limited liability and control over when tax liabilities become due’
In each and every case our aim is to use our asset management skills to actively increase underlying value in the property and drive income so as to maximise total returns.